The Centre for Coaching collaborates with New Ventures West on course design and to develop appropriate programmes for the South African market.
What will happen is that your coach will work with you in a specific way so that you develop the insights necessary to see new possibilities that you were previously unaware of.
Once you have seen the situation in the light of these new possibilities, your coach will work with you to develop practices and observations that will enable you to build your competence such that you can find the solution to or resolve your challenge or problem yourself.
I will reduce conflict levels with my line manager
I will participate constructively with my team
I will manage to express myself honestly but without offending others
I will experience less conflict at home.
- the coach gets a grounded view of how the client is seen and experienced by those around him or her;
- the coach and the client can identify additional strengths and development areas to work on;
- the coach is able to design a more grounded and comprehensive programme.
One can then also encourage clients to do the same 360-degree appraisal at the end of the coaching relationship, in order to find out if other people have noticed a change and how they feel about this.
- Coachee not ready or open to coaching.
- Any assignment where it was felt that the organization expected an inappropriate level of disclosure or discussion with regards to the coachee.
- Any coaching assignment where the coachee was not engaging with the process.
- If the coach was required to coach a hierarchical relationship – e. g. , a boss and her subordinate. This would not allow trust to develop.