UNLOCK THE FOUNDATIONS OF TRUST
What do you do when you discover that you have let somebody else down? Intentional or not, when we don’t do what we are expected to do, we can land up damaging relationships and breaking the trust that others have in us. Learn to create relationships that build confidence and mutual trust, no matter what happens.
The Centre for Coaching Leadership Conversation – Building Trust, is a one-day course designed for participants to influence, establish and re-enforce trusting relationships in the workplace. Delivered in partnership with the UCT GSB, it makes use of key tenets of Integral theory and is part of a series of six Leadership Conversations courses.
Who will benefit from this course?
You will benefit from this course if you are an Executive, Manager, or Emerging Leader who wants to build or re-establish workplace trust when it is lacking or has broken down.
What will I gain from this course?
Here is what you will gain from the Leadership Conversation – Building Trust course:
- The necessary skills that enable you to build trust in a conscious and coherent way
- Building self-awareness and fostering an environment that works to re-establish trust when it has broken down
- Understanding the key elements that fortify the boundaries of trust
- Tools that help you to respond appropriately in situations where you have personally broken trust with others
- Practical knowledge on communication within a trust conversation for a more holistic understanding of its benefits on all parties involved
Our short courses deliver learning experiences that are personally transformative because better people make better leaders.
Whilst theory is interesting, in fact leadership is best learned through practice. For that reason, this course is run in an experiential way, using a live-virtual approach on Zoom. Participants are asked to be willing to be fully themselves, fully engaged, open to being honest about themselves and their relationship to trust (no role plays) and to be prepared to find out more about themselves as leaders and human beings.
We run our programmes using adult learning principles:
Adults learn through their own experience – we therefore insist that we focus on real issues, not role play
We take the time to create a safe, non-judgmental / confidential space to facilitate exploration and open curiosity
Participants anchor their learning in what really happens to them and their Organisation (i.e. apply to themselves and to each other, not told)
We ensure the framework is in place for participants to hold one another accountable
What does ‘live-virtual’ mean?
The following key elements are necessary in order to keep our workshops focused, interactive and dynamic and still meet the desired outcomes.
- we ask participants to read course material where possible before, we then deepen in dialogue
- In the workshop, we keep to max 15 mins of theory bursts with minimal use of PowerPoint
- Regular breakouts in small groups to keep a high level of interaction and deepen understanding of the theory. Where possible we have a member of faculty present to facilitate the discussion / answer questions
- Regular breaks: in order to keep the energy & engagement high, we have found that a short 5-10min break every hour including a body exercise (stretching, breathing, standing) works. This replaces coffee/tea breaks. We take an hour for lunch.
High faculty to participant ratio:
In order to ensure an optimum online learning experience, the ratio of faculty to participant should be 1:5
We are able to offer this ratio by making use of the Centre for Coaching’s large international faculty of professional integral coaches who have all trained with us and who have been supporting our academic and/or organisational programmes for a number of years.
17 NOVEMBER 2022
See what Janine Ahlers, Director at the Centre for Coaching has to say about how these short courses fit in
In order to indicate your interest for any of these short courses, please complete some basic information to start the application process. If you would like to apply right away, please indicate this in the ‘Other’ below and we will send you the link to complete our Online Application Form.