FEEDBACK IS ESSENTIAL FOR HIGH-PERFORMING TEAMS
Start growing and developing the people you lead
The Centre for Coaching Leadership Conversation – Feedback & Development, is a one-day course forming part of a series of six Leadership Conversations courses in collaboration with the UCT GSB. This short course teaches participants the basics of giving and receiving developmental feedback, incorporating elements of Integral theory. The goal is to create a more collaborative environment where team members can listen and speak freely as they develop.
Who will benefit from this course?
You will benefit from this course if you are an Executive, Manager, or Emerging Leader seeking to develop and grow their teams and those around them through understanding constructive, developmental feedback mechanisms.
What will I gain from this course?
This is what you will gain from the Leadership Conversation – Feedback & Development course:
- An understanding of feedback conversations to ensure that they are constructive and inspire growth
- Learning about the theory of feedback and how to adapt it to real-life situations
- Improved self-awareness and understanding of own contribution to leadership challenges
- Recognising the myths around feedback and why parties avoid having conversations around it
- Moving from a place of one-dimensional feedback to conversations that are more engaging, leading to performance improvement
Our short courses deliver learning experiences that are personally transformative because better people make better leaders.
Whilst theory is interesting, in fact leadership is best learned through practice. For that reason, this course is run in an experiential way, using a live-virtual approach on Zoom. Participants are asked to be willing to be fully themselves, fully engaged, open to being honest about themselves and their relationship to giving or receiving feedback in their life (no role plays) and to be prepared to find out more about themselves as leaders and human beings,
We run our programmes using adult learning principles:
Adults learn through their own experience – we therefore insist that we focus on real issues, not role play
We take the time to create a safe, non-judgmental / confidential space to facilitate exploration and open curiosity
Participants anchor their learning in what really happens to them and their Organisation (i.e. apply to themselves and to each other, not told)
We ensure the framework is in place for participants to hold one another accountable
What does ‘live-virtual’ mean?
The following key elements are necessary in order to keep our workshops focused, interactive and dynamic and still meet the desired outcomes.
- we ask participants to read course material where possible before, we then deepen in dialogue
- In the workshop, we keep to max 15 mins of theory bursts with minimal use of PowerPoint
- Regular breakouts in small groups to keep a high level of interaction and deepen understanding of the theory. Where possible we have a member of faculty present to facilitate the discussion / answer questions
- Regular breaks: in order to keep the energy & engagement high, we have found that a short 5-10min break every hour including a body exercise (stretching, breathing, standing) works. This replaces coffee/tea breaks. We take an hour for lunch.
High faculty to participant ratio:
In order to ensure an optimum online learning experience, the ratio of faculty to participant should be 1:5
We are able to offer this ratio by making use of the Centre for Coaching’s large international faculty of professional integral coaches who have all trained with us and who have been supporting our academic and/or organisational programmes for a number of years.
29 SEPTEMBER 2022
See what Janine Ahlers, Director at the Centre for Coaching has to say about how these short courses fit in
In order to indicate your interest for any of these short courses, please complete some basic information to start the application process. If you would like to apply right away, please indicate this in the ‘Other’ below and we will send you the link to complete our Online Application Form.