KNOW HOW TO INSPIRE OTHERS AS A LEADER
Start unlocking potential in those around you
The Centre for Coaching Leadership Conversation – Leader as Coach, is a short course that is geared to make leaders more effective by assisting them to encourage innovation within their respective teams. It’s rooted in Integral theory, forming the foundation of a set of six Leadership Conversations. Run over two days, this course is delivered in collaboration with UCT Graduate School of Business.
Who will benefit from this course?
You will benefit from this course if you are an Executive, Manager, or Emerging Leader who wants to learn the fundamentals of coaching and how to understand those around you better.
What will I gain from this course?
Key takeaways from the Leadership Conversation – Leader as Coach course will be:
- A deeper understanding of the difference between coaching and other methods of interaction
- An ability to recognise when coaching is the right leadership approach to take
- Attaining skills that help cultivate mutual respect and trust between you and the individuals you are coaching
- Learning to listen to individuals with depth and clarity to directly get to the root of issues
- Exposure to Coaching Circles as an action-learning approach to practicing coaching skills. Each Coaching Circle will be run by a dedicated professional coach who will guide participants in developing their coaching skills
Coaching is a practitioner’s art – learning all about the theory of coaching will not make you a better coach. For that reason, this course is run in an experiential way, using a live-virtual approach on Zoom. Participants are asked to be willing to be fully themselves, fully engaged, open to being coached on a real topic (no role plays) and prepared to find out more about themselves as leaders and human beings.
Our short courses deliver learning experiences that are personally transformative because better people make better leaders.
25 – 26 April 2024
In order to indicate your interest for any of these short courses, please complete some basic information to start the application process. If you would like to apply right away, please indicate this in the ‘Other’ below and we will send you the link to complete our Online Application Form.